Friday 10 December 2010

The Demon Within

This is an old half-written poem of mine I completed a few days ago.
The title leads to where I originally published it.


I feel the demon within rising
my heart beats raging fast
oh, the feeling is so exciting
will I be able this time to last?

the demon flows in my veins
the foul beast is full of vanity
this time I hope he remains
and does not flee with my sanity

ooh, my thoughts are running wild
everything seems to be speeding
I feel like a frightened child
where is the beast going to lead me?

© 2010 Nikolaos D. Skordilis

2 comments:

Snowbrush said...

I don't recall the beast having ever led me to anyplace that I could look back on and feel respect for. But then, I guess it depends upon how one defines beast.

I too am an animist by feeling, though not be intellect. By intellect, I'm an atheist.

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot for your comment.
Me neither.
The beast has actually embarassed me
quite a few times in the past.
And the last time it nearly destroyed me.
Thankfully the last time was many years
ago.

I am not an animist, I have just studied
a bit of it. I guess that by feeling I am
a pantheist and by intellect an agnostic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...